The Open Motion Planning Library (OMPL) is released as Open Source under the terms of a 3-clause BSD license. OMPL.app, the front-end to OMPL, is distributed under the Rice University software license. Third-party dependencies are subject to their own respective licenses.
Copyright © 2010–2019, Rice University. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Rice University nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Copyright © 2010–2019, Rice University. All rights reserved.
Created by Ioan Șucan, Mark Moll, and Lydia E. Kavraki (the “Developers”)
The Software is available for download and use subject to the terms and conditions of this License. Access or use of the Software constitutes acceptance and agreement to the terms and conditions of this License.
This software was supported in part by grant CCLI-0920721 from the National Science Foundation and by a generous donation from Willow Garage.
This Software is distributed to individuals for personal non-commercial use and to non-profit entities for non-commercial purposes only. It is licensed on a non-exclusive basis, free of charge for these uses. All parties interested in any other use of the software should contact the Rice University Office of Technology Transfer [OTTso.firstname.lastname@example.org@email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org]. Rice and the Developers allow researchers at your Institution to copy and modify Software, for internal, non-profit research or educational purposes, on the following conditions:
- The Software remains at your Institution and is not published, distributed, or otherwise transferred or made available to other than Institution employees and students involved in research under your supervision.
- You retain in Software and any modifications to Software, the copyright, trademark, or other notices pertaining to Software as provided by Rice.
- You provide the Developers with feedback on the use of the Software in your research, and that the Developers and Rice University are permitted to use any information You provide in making changes to the Software. All bug reports and technical questions shall be sent to the email address provided for the specific Software: email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org@email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You acknowledge that the Developers, Rice and its licensees may develop modifications to Software that may be substantially similar to your modifications of Software, and that the Developers, Rice and its licensees shall not be constrained in any way by You in Rice’s or its licensees’ use or management of such modifications. You acknowledge the right of the Developers and Rice to prepare and publish modifications to Software that may be substantially similar or functionally equivalent to your modifications and improvements, and if You obtain patent protection for any modification or improvement to Software, You agree not to allege or enjoin infringement of your patent by the Developers and Rice or by any of Rice’s licensees obtaining modifications or improvements to Software from Rice University or the Developers.
- You and the Developers will acknowledge in our publications contributions we make to each other’s research involving or based on the Software. All work that uses the Software should reference: https://ompl.kavrakilab.org
- No support will be provided by the Developers or by Rice University.
- Redistribution is not permitted. Rice will maintain a copy of the Software as a directly downloadable file, available under the terms of license specified in this agreement.
- Neither the name of the University nor the names of its faculty, staff, or students may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY WILLIAM MARSH RICE UNIVERSITY, HOUSTON, TX AND IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED. ACCESS OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ENTIRELY AT THE USER’S RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL RICE UNIVERSITY OR ITS FACULTY, STAFF OR STUDENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE SOFTWARE USER SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS RICE UNIVERSITY AND ITS FACULTY, STAFF AND STUDENTS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COURT COSTS, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCESS OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE.